Job description / Role
Research Assistant position in Architecture/Urban Design. The successful applicant will work within a research project "Community Wellbeing: Localizing Walkability Score Measures for Urban Neighbourhoods in the UAE" for 12 months with a PI from Architectural Engineering Department, College of Engineering.
- Conduct field observations of the pattern of usage of local neighborhood amenities in selected sites in Al Ain, Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Perform Cartographical GIS, UNA and UMI analyses to map the patterns of use of local amenities.
- Prepare, administer, and analyze Questionnaire Surveys.
- Write reports and prepare presentations and posters.
- MSc/BSc degree in Architecture Engineering or related field.
- The applicants must have a very strong command of English with very evident proficiency in scientific writing.
- Proficiency in various CAD software packages, Photoshop, and Microsoft Office is essential.
- Strong background in data analysis.
- Working knowledge of ArcGIS or similar GIS packages.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.