Job description / Role
- The college of Information Technology at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) seeks one Research Assistant in the area of brain computer interface (BCI).
- The candidate should develop a conceptual framework for multidimensional brain computer interface to find a better way to control a swarm of drones and/or robots.
- His/her work will lead to contributions in high-impact journal publications.
- The applicant is required to be a PhD student or at least has a Master's degree in Information Engineering (or equivalent)
- Knowledge on brain computer interface (BCI).
- The applicant should have an experience working on EEG-based BCI, also conducting reviews of both the peer-reviewed and grey literature and writing reports.
- Has experience of publishing papers in international journals.
- Should be fluent in English.
- Has experience on bio-signal processing, robotics, and drones.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.