Job description / Role
- A research assistant position is available in department of mechanical engineering focusing on vibrational energy harvesting.
- Candidate must have obtained master's degree in renewable energy, mechanical engineering or related fields.
- Experience in vibrational energy harvesting from automobile systems is a plus. The appointment is initially for 1 year starting from February 2020.
- The research associate MUST apply for the PhD program at UAEU for Fall-2020 intake and apply for the graduate scholarship / fellowship program.
- Only online submissions will be entertained. The candidates after pre-shortlisting, will be notified for a Skype-based interview via email.
- MSc in Renewable energy or MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related field
- Publications related to Renewable energy
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.