Job description / Role
- Highly motivated individuals are invited to submit their applications to a funded PhD program at the Chemical Engineering Department, UAE University.
- The project broadly investigates removal of bromine and antimony oxide from recycled plastics in e-waste.
- The assigned task of the RA in this project involves studying profiles of products and deriving kinetic model for the co-pyrolysis of bromine-contain plastics with certain metal oxides, in TGA-DSC experiments.
- The duration of the research project is 3 years.
The package includes a monthly allowance of 4,000 AED, and a medical insurance.
- M.Sc. in Chemical Engineering
- Commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace
- To acquire an experience in running TGA-DSC experiments/ interpreting their generated data, and chemical Analysis (FTIR, GC-MS), preferably demonstrated by being the first author in a Q1/Q2-ranked international journal.
- The candidate must meet the admission criteria at UAEU (i.e., minimum of 6.5 in academic IELTS, tests from centers of the British Council are accepted).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.