Job description / Role
The College of Information Technology at the United Arab Emirates University is having a Research Assistant position in the Autonomous Driving and Beyond 5G mobile networks project.
- The duration of this position is for up to 24 months.
- The candidate for this position should preferably have a degree in Computer Science/Engineering / Information Technology / Electronics and Communications Engineering or any related field, have excellent analytical skills and possess strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- They should be highly motivated to engage in research, be capable of working independently and open to exploratory work which may demand changing directions and picking up new skills on the go as required.
- It is desirable for the candidate to possess excellent programming skills, working experience with autonomous driving and mobile network solutions and platforms and exhibit an appetite for building experimental proof of concept systems using open source tools and off the shelf hardware platforms.
- Experience of working with Machine Learning approaches will be preferred.
- The ability to work with embedded platforms and the setup and maintenance of the required backend infrastructure system to cobble together an end-to-end working prototype at scale would be a big plus.
- It is also an expectation that the candidate will contribute towards setting up pilot trials, subsequent scale-up and dissemination of this work.
- Bachelor's degree
- Programming, Embedded Systems, ML/AI
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.