Job description / Role
One of the main objectives of Federated Learning (FL) is to protect the privacy of participants, i.e., the participants only need to share parameters of the trained model instead of sharing their actual data. However, some recent research works have shown that privacy and security concerns may arise when the FL participants or FL servers are malicious in nature. In particular, this defeats the purpose of FL since the resulting global model can be corrupted, or the participants may even have their privacy compromised during model training. In this research project, secure and privacy-preserving federated learning in the edge computing paradigm specifically in health-care and autonomous systems will be analyzed and implemented considering the system performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- The successful candidates will be selected based on their research ability, prior expertise in reverse engineering tasks, and strong technical knowledge in deep learning models.
- Analyzing the privacy and security challenges in the federated learning in edge computing such as in the health-care and autonomous systems
- Analyzing the required tools and frameworks to implement the federated learning for edge computing paradigm
- Implementing the secure and privacy-preserving federated learning for edge computing Paradigm
- Master degree
- Necessary requirements for the research assistant include research focus on machine learning, applied mathematics, IoT, edge computing, and interference management and optimization.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
- Salary is provided based on qualification.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.