Job description / Role
The Operations Research group of the United Arab Emirates University seeks to hire a post-doctoral researcher for a period of 6-12 months (with a possibility of extension) to start as soon as possible.
- The post-doctoral researcher is expected to collaborate in an ongoing funded research project on the impact of Covid-19 on global supply chains.
- The objective is to investigate the disruptions (at the demand and supply sides) caused by the COVID-19 crisis on global supply chains and to develop mitigation techniques and strategies to hedge against these disruptions, such that the supply chain resilience and sustainability improve.
- The position is for a period of 6 to 12 months, but it may be extended, dependent on the performance and fund availability.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled in optimization techniques.
- C++, Python, knowledge.
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- A PhD in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Management Science, Supply Chain Management, or a related field;
- Excellent programming skills (preferably Matlab);
- Expertise in mathematical modeling, analysis, and stochastic optimization;
- Research experience both in modeling and in applying heuristics and exact solution methods;
- Ability to work both independently and within a team;
- Good verbal and written communication skills (in English).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.