Job description / Role
• Researching, designing, implementing, and managing software programs.
• Testing and evaluating new programs.
• Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications.
• Writing and implementing efficient code.
• Training users.
• Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business.
• Work with developers to design algorithms and flowcharts.
• Integrate software components and third-party programs.
• Verify and deploy programs and systems.
• Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software.
• Recommend and execute improvements.
• Create technical documentation for reference and reporting.
• Experience with databases and Object-Relational Mapping (ORM) framework.
• Ability to learn new languages and technologies.
• Ensure software security by developing programs to actively monitor the sharing of private information.
• Website design and development.
• Mobile application (Android and Ios).
• Developing smart solutions.
• Provide training courses.
• Creativity is always a plus.
• BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• 5+ years experience in the field.
• Professional program certification in Java is strongly preferred.
• Experience developing software utilizing various coding languages including Java, C++, PHP and more.
• Programming skills and developing applications
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies