Job description / Role
• Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant on six months (renewable) contract to join the research on Health and Wellness, Department of Family Medicine, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University.
Standard Duties of the Post
• This successful applicant will be involved with fieldwork, including recruitment, data collection, and data management, and will also support the research team in a wide variety of research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruit and interview healthcare providers, faculty members, students, patients, the public and stakeholders in the seven Emirates.
• Distribute questionnaire to healthcare providers, faculty members, students, patients, public and stakeholders in the seven Emirates.
• Conduct a specified program of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
• Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design, development, and implementation of the research project
• Write research proposals/grant proposals and ethics applications
• Contribute to the preparation of manuscripts
• Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator
• An undergraduate degree
• Prior research experience
• Flexibility with timings
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.