Job description / Role
Research Assistant (Bigdata, machine learning, & IoT)
- The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in Bigdata analytics with good exposure to machine learning and Internet-of-things (IoT).
- The main task is programming and integration of software components in our new designed Bigdata platform.
- Basic knowledge of wireless communication networks is a plus.
- The candidate should have a good command of Python programming and be familiar with integrating Bigdata packages and machine learning platforms.
- The preferred candidate should also have demonstrated experience in Linux operating system with IoT connectivity.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled in Python programming
- Good knowledge of Bigdata package setup and configuration
- Good technical writing skills
- Good knowledge of machine learning platforms.
- Good Command of Linux operating system
- Familiar with IoT connectivity
- Demonstrable willingness to support work in the lab
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.