Job description / Role
The Cognitive, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Laboratory (CAIR) is looking for an energetic and highly skilled engineer to lead parts of software development activities and be mainly responsible for operation/maintenance of hardware setups and IT infrastructure. The CAIR lab is a unique place in UAEU for advanced research and innovation in the areas of applied artificial intelligence and robotics. As a CAIR lab engineer, the daily schedule will be flexible and covering duties that include technical operations and evaluation of hardware equipment, e.g., robotic platforms, drones, and 3D printers, maintenance and troubleshooting of the available network servers, e.g., workstations and GPU servers, and software developments in coordination with students and scientists. The potential engineer will be involved in cutting-edge innovative and research projects, with tasks related to designing and testing of hardware prototypes, developing algorithms, and contributing to experimental design and procedures. The ideal candidate would possess a multidisciplinary background in networking, machine learning, signal processing and mechatronics, with some hands-on experience these fields. The candidate needs to a have a master's or at least a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or any related discipline. You are thorough with good attention to detail, critical thinker with decent analytical skills and you can work with a diverse team of researchers, programmers, and engineers. You have the willingness to learn, and you would be happy to jump on a new tool/software and go through the learning curve.
This is the perfect opportunity for a hands-on individual with an open mind. We're an innovative, dynamic team in one of the most interesting areas of AI and robotics engineering. There are plenty of opportunities to develop new skills and experience. CVs and applications must be submitted electronically using the Portal Submission System.
About the laboratory: The Cognitive, Artificial Intelligence and Robotics Lab (CAIR), established as part of the District 4.0 initiative, explores new and innovative research directions and breakthrough ideas to advance the state-of-the art in critical areas of Industry 4.0. It comprises a wide range of state-of-the-art equipment's, e.g., specialized mobile and humanoid robots, robotic arms, 3D printers, NVIDIA DGX GPU servers, etc. The CAIR lab fosters multidisciplinary research and harnesses the power of AI, ML and Data Science to enable next generation intelligent systems, including cognitive, social, and human-like robots and the development of adaptive and assistive technology and applications in a wide range of domain applications critical to society and the economy.
- Master's/Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer/Software/Mechatronics Engineering, or any related discipline.
- Excellent programming skills with Python. Knowledge of Java and C++ is an asset.
- Knowledge of machine learning and AI fundamentals.
- Knowledge with several operating systems and some standard open-source libraries (e.g., UNIX, Bash, Android studio, OpenCV, Robot Operating System (ROS), and Tensorflow/Pytorch).
- Knowledge of robotics and/or electronic hardware assembly and micro-controller programming (Arduino like controllers).
- Good English communication skills.
- 2-3 years of hands-on experience in hardware and software developments with applications on AI, computer vision, and robotics or other related discipline.
- Fault finding experience on PCBs and hardware debugging using oscilloscopes, multimeter, and other relevant lab equipment.
- Knowledge and experience of analogue and digital electronics (transistors, diodes, ICs as well as amplifier, sensors and motor control circuits).
- Expats or UAE Nationals: relevant experience in in the industry or research laboratories.
- Expert in Python, Machine Learning, and Robotics.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
|Al Ain||24 May|
Senior Resident Engineer
Production Engineer - Masters Degree Educated
|Abu Dhabi||12 Apr|