Job description / Role
The laboratory for Clinical Experimental Neurophysiology at CMHS, UAE University, is seeking to recruit a Research Assistant to work on different projects exploring cortical plasticity in health and disease.
The Initial appointment is for one year with the possibility of extension for up to two years.
The projects involve the use of neuropsychological tests and non-invasive brain stimulation (NIBS), including Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), repetitive TMS, transcranial direct-current stimulation (tDCS), and electroencephalography (EEG) in healthy subjects and patients.
- Support the clinical neurophysiology laboratory by developing, implementing, administering, and scoring psychological and neuropsychological tests and questionnaires.
- Collect, abstract, and interpret subject data and verify the accuracy of data.
- Ensure availability of neuropsychological tests and test protocols and assists in ordering test materials, equipment, and consumables.
- Schedule subject participants for study day activities, including consenting.
- Maintaining participant test files and neuropsychology databases for tracking and evaluation records.
- Administer and score different verbal, nonverbal, written, and computerized neuropsychological and psychological tests in patients and participants.
- Review neuropsychological examination records and ensure that they are complete and accurate.
-Use multiple online tools to support data collection from participants and have a range of familiarity with technology.
- Independently conduct experiments involving clinical neurophysiology techniques (EEG, Evoke Potentials, TMS, tDCS, tACS, and fNIRS).
- Bachelor's Degree (B.Sc.) in Neuropsychology, Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Master's Degree (M.Sc.) in Neuropsychology, Psychology, or a related discipline.
- Ph.D. in Neuropsychology/Psychology or related discipline.
- Prior experience in human clinical research studies or in settings with direct relevant patient contact.
- Experienced in neurocognitive testing software, data entry, and database maintenance, and maintaining study records.
- Strong computer skills, including word processing, e-mail systems, file transfer, and spreadsheets and proficient with Microsoft Office 365 Suite.
- Good organizational, communication, statistical, analytical, neuropsychological assessment, and writing skills are necessary.
- Ability to work independently and effectively manage and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use discretion.
- A strong publication record, previous extramural funding, and neuroimaging experience will be viewed favorably.
- Minimum 3-4 years in an academic or research institution setting and the relevant scientific field.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.