Job description / Role
- The Civil and Environmental Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of concrete technology and civil engineering materials.
- The research assistant should be knowledgeable of concrete preparation, casting, and testing procedures. Prior experience in evaluation and characterization of cement, concrete, and cementitious materials is required.
- Candidate's duties will include management of day-to-day activities of a research project, conduct literature review, perform soft computing modeling, and publish research findings in referred journals.
- Highly motivated applicants with experience in the designated area and having a B.Sc. or M.Sc. degree in Civil Engineering are invited to submit their applications to the position.
- BSc. or MSc. degree in Civil Engineering
- Knowledge and application of concrete mix design methods
- Knowledge and application of material characterization techniques
- Advanced knowledge in MS Office tools and regression analysis
- Advanced and demonstrated academic writing skills (journal publications)
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role
- Candidates are preferred to have experience in the following:
- Developing sustainable concrete mixes
- Soft computing technologies: neural networks, MS office tools, Matlab
- Experience in conducting and interpreting microstructural experimental investigation on cement and concrete materials
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
- Be able to work independently with minimal supervision
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.