Job description / Role
The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of Embedded System. The research assistant should have the knowledge of Microcontroller programing and interfacing with external circuits and sensors.
The candidate should be able to design PCB using EDA tool, implement, and program a standalone embedded system to acquire and process vital biomedical signals. The candidate should have an experience in the simulation and design of Artificial Neural Network or have a master degree in relevant field.
- An appropriate educational degree (at least BSc. or Master degree in Electrical Engineering or in Computer sciences) supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled in Microcontroller programing and its hardware interface.
- Ability to design PCB.
- Simulation and design of Artificial Neural Network.
- Good technical writing skills.
- Very good level speaking and writing in English.
- Demonstrable willingness to support experimental work and measurements in the electronics lab.
- Ability to conduct a research and write research paper.
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.