Job description / Role
- Applications are invited for the post of Research Assistant on a one-year (renewable) contract to join the research group focusing on bullying at the Institute of Public Health, College of Medicine and Health Sciences, United Arab Emirates University.
Standard Duties of the Post
- This successful applicant will be involved with field work including communication, data collection, and data management, and will also support the research team in a wide variety of research activities.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Communicate with stakeholders and arrange interviews and focus group meetings (FGM)
- Conduct and record interviews and FGMs
- Perform transcribing interviews and data abstraction
- Conduct a specified program of research and scholarship under the supervision and direction of the Principal Investigator
- Support the Principal Investigator and research group in the design, development, and implementation of the research project
- Support the team in data collection and data analysis
- Support if required, the development of proposals for research funding
- Engage in the dissemination of the results of the research in which you are engaged as directed by and with the support of and under the supervision of the Principal Investigator
- Engage in the wider research and scholarly activities of the research group and the Institute
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with the research project under the supervision of the Principal Investigator.
- Applicants should possess a Bachelor's degree with a major in health-related subject. Research experience and knowledge of medical terminologies.
- Master's degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, or a closely related Basic/Health Science subject along with relevant experience in conducting survey research within hospital/out-patient or other settings
Ideally the candidate will have:
- Excellent computer and numerical ability.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in Arabic and English.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Demonstrated awareness of cultural, privacy and confidentiality issues.
- Good interpersonal and team working skills and flexibility with working hours.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.