Job description / Role
Research Assistant position in family medicine. The successful applicant will work within a research project "The Emirates Heart Health Project" for 6 months with a PI from the Family Medicine Department, College of Medicine and Health Sciences. This position may be renewable depending on the progress of the project.
- Translate and cross check study materials into Arabic.
- Deliver teaching sessions in participants' homes.
- Review and comment on participant self submitted data.
- Follow up with participants who miss sessions and deliver make up sessions.
- Offer support, technical and otherwise, to study participants.
- Gather and collate participant data.
- Bachelor's degree in any field.
- Experience and working connections with government health entities.
- Bachelor's degree (or higher) in psychology.
- Ability to assess others' level of health literacy.
- The applicants must have a very strong command of spoken and written English and Gulf Arabic and must be an excellent communicator.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Android OS and iOS.
- Must have a strong sense of local culture and respect for local customs and sensitivities.
- Must be willing to work on Fridays (the position will have compensated time during the week).
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.