Job description / Role
Research Assistant. College of Medicine and Health Sciences-UAEU - employed as full-time staff member participating in research, teaching and administrative activities.
Physical activity, socialization, metabolic syndrome and mental health.
- Be involved with the day-to-day running of the research project, training of graduate and undergraduate students. Be instrumental in research projects, data collection, data management, grant management and the preparation of initial manuscripts, grants and other outputs, contributing significantly to the research output of the University.
- Carry out administrative and management work associated with clinical sites organization (Al Ain Hospital and Al Amal Hospital) and functioning and research, grants and publications.
- Conduct and execute various research testing or experiments.
- Perform necessary data analysis, including the statistical analysis, and be involved in interpretation and communication of main results and their preparation for publication and future research grants.
- Create and improve production workflows and processes where appropriate.
- Carry out administrative work associated with clinical researc
- Independently conduct experiments involving the physical activities
- Perform various data analysis of clinical measures (physical and psychological) and lab test.
- Assist recruitment of patients
- Report to PIs responsible for research projects and to the Chair of the Department
B.Sc. and M.Sc. degree in a relevant discipline.
PhD in Physiology/Psychology/Nutrition/Physiotherapy, Sports or related biomedical discipline.
Minimum 3-4 years in academic or research institution setting and/or in the relevant scientific field.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.