Job description / Role
- Conduct literature reviews
- Collect and analyze data
- Prepare interview questions
- Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects, as necessary
- Summarize interviews
- Manage and respond to project related email
- Prepare, maintain, and update website materials
- Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and PI)
- Arrange and/or attend project meetings
- Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
- Summarize project results
- Prepare progress reports for the PI
- Prepare other articles, reports, spreadsheets, posters and presentations
- Assisting with statistical data analysis and generating correspondence, reports and graphics
- Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by PI
- Time management skills to meet the project deadlines
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks
- Survey data analysis and modeling
- Direct Interview arrangement and related information and quantitative/qualitative data analysis
- Developing the Emirati Family Entrepreneurship Business Majlis and related meetings' arrangement
- Developing the majlis virtual platform
- Develop database of families with business
- Analyze and interpret the results using computational software (e.g., SPSS, Excel, GIS).
- Generate advanced graphs to illustrate the results.
- Assist in writing the research paper (advanced English skills are desired), communicate and disseminate the work
- Reporting to PI responsible for research projects
- MSc. in a relevant discipline.
- It is expected that the selected candidate would have prior experience/knowledge and publication or a master's degree in a relevant field (e.g., entrepreneurship and family business, or business administration, or Economic geography and GIS mapping, engineer data modeler).
- Minimum 1 year in the relevant field.
- Record of some research publications.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.