Job description / Role
- Review the literature and collect the studies relevant to the project.
- Conduct computational experiments.
- Extract data and perform data analysis, including scientific interpretations and creating the necessary illustrations/graphs/plots etc. necessary to disseminate the work.
- Communicate the main results.
- Ensure that safe laboratory practices are followed.
Specific Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Independently run in-silico experiments involving simulations using electronic structure methods, molecular dynamics and docking.
- Follow up on short-run and long-run simulations.
- Run jobs on Linux (and windows) operating systems.
- Analyze and interpret the results using computational software.
- Generate advanced graphs to illustrate the results.
- Write (advanced English skills are desired), communicate and disseminate the work
BSc. or MSc. in a relevant discipline.
It is preferred to have prior knowledge in using Unix/Linux.
Minimum 1 year in the relevant scientific field.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.