Research Assistant in Medical Image Analysis
United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Al Ain, UAE
Job description / Role
Abu Dhabi Precision Medicine Virtual Research Institute (AD PM VRI) at the College of Medicine and Health Sciences of the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is announcing the position of a research assistant in neuroscience and medical imaging. The research is to perform diagnostic and predictive models of various diseases by applying conventional and deep learning approaches to demographic, environmental and multimodal medical data.
• Tasks to accomplish: perform manual segmentation of brain, lung and pancreas medical images; conduct physiological and psychological testing of the examinees; perform post-processing of the MRI and CT findings, describe and justify results of statistical analysis, discuss the study results with recent literature.
• PhD in relevant sphere of studies will be of advantage
• Expertise in CT, MRI imaging,
• Basic knowledge of medical and biological statistics,
• Good writing skills in Academic English,
• Experience in conducting medical and/or biological studies,
• Ability to analyze and interpret CT and MRI images and other scientific data
• Communicate effectively with health care professionals
• Communicate fluently in English language
• Preparing Health care / hospital statistics
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.