Job description / Role
The Department of Integrative Agriculture at the United Arab Emirates University (UAEU) is seeking applications for a Research Assistant position in soil microbiology. This position is supported by the "University Program for Advanced Research" (UPAR). The job base will be the Maquam Campus and Al Foah Farm of the UAEU in Al Ain.
- MSc degree in Horticulture, Biology, Environmental Sciences or related fields.
- Experience in working with arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) propagation techniques including substrate and in vitro based production systems.
- Documented skills to publish research papers and to prepare and submit periodical progress reports for the funding agencies.
- Previous research experience on topics relevant to soils of arid lands is of advantage.
- The ability to work independently and creatively with minimum supervision.
- The willingness to visit international collaborative laboratories and to attend workshops and trainings.
- The ability to supervise undergraduate and graduate students conducting research in the field of AMF.
- The ability to fully management the purchases and maintenance orders.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.