Job description / Role
A research assistant position is available with Dr Muhammad Tariq Shafiq (Department of Architectural Engineering) within the College of Engineering, UAE University.
The research will develop a life-cycle model for infrastructure projects using Building Information Models that digitally integrates processes and enables the use of predictive analytics, particularly during the operations and maintenance phase of an asset. The research will be evaluating the relevance of the developed model and its ability to accommodate real-time interactions between the physical built assets and its digital counterpart. Emergent from this process will be technologies and tools which may offer enhanced opportunities to intelligently manage the built assets using digital models.
The research position is supported by a grant from UAE University, initially for 1 year and can be continued to maximum 2 years subject to the satisfactory performance of the research assistant.
The successful candidate should have:
• A first degree in architectural engineering, Civil Engineering or a related discipline
• Candidates with an educational background in computer science and programming experience with 3D-Models will be required
• Hands on experience with Autodesk Revit, Navisworks
• Maximo or similar FM software is highly desirable.
• Strong analytical and academic writing skills
• Applicants with published work will be given preference
• MSc in Construction Project Management or a closely related field.
• Candidates with a desire to enroll into PhD program at UAEU will be preferred.
• Programming experience with C# and Unity Game Engine
• Experience with Maximo or a similar FM software
• Willingness to visit and collect data from live construction site
• Commitment to strong ethics in research and academic integrity
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.