Job description / Role
The Electrical Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research assistant in the area of High Frequency Meta-Material and Meta-Surfaces. The research assistant should be knowledgeable of designing and analyzing metamaterial and meta-surfaces and applications to antenna design. The preferred candidate should have the experience in conducting measurements. Preferred a candidate with a PhD qualification, or a master degree with good experience in the relevant field.
An appropriate educational degree supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Skilled high frequency design software (HFSS) and AWR
- Ability to synthesize and characterize metamaterial and meta surfaces.
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.
- Command of material preparation
- Command of Electromagnetic software such as HFSS, ADS and AWR
- Command of vector network analyzer capabilities and features
- Commitment to provide a safe and healthy workplace
- Demonstrable willingness to support work in the lab
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.