Job description / Role
Research Associate will work on a funded project directly with the Integrative Agriculture Department. Some of the duties and responsibilities of research associate include:
• Involve in preparation of research project data collection instruments including survey questionnaire and other formats
• Participate in data collection including field activities, focus group discussion with study cases, as need be
• Undertake primary data entry to computer, editing, organization, compilation and data under the guidance of the researcher
• Searching, collection, documentation, compilation and analysis of relevant secondary data under the guidance of the researcher
• Review of relevant literature and preparation of review reports
• Preparation of draft research reports, and other output under the guidance of the researcher
• Assist in administrative and logistic activities related to the project including training of surveyors (enumerators)
• Assist in preparing manuscripts for the scientific refereed journals.
• Undertake other research project related activities that can be within a capacity of a Research Associate, as need be.
• At least a master degree in agricultural economics/agribusiness or related field.
• Demonstrated skill with computer programs such as Excel, Word, SPSS and other statistical programs.
• Proven skilled researcher and data analyst with database management skills, writing reports, manuscripts, organized, meticulous, detail-oriented, and accurate.
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
• Candidate should possess strong presentation skills, public speaking, and interpersonal skills, ability to work independently and team work environment and efficiently within deadline.
• Master degree in agricultural economics/agribusiness or related field.
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.