United Arab Emirates University (UAEU)
Al Ain, UAE
Job description / Role
The Chemical and Petroleum Engineering Department at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking a research associate in the area of process systems engineering. The research associate should be familiar with modeling and optimization of batch and continuous processes.
- The candidate should be able to develop mixed-integer programming models for design and scheduling purposes for applications in maintenance of oil and gas facilities, and for production of biopharmaceuticals.The preferred candidate should have demonstrated experience in design, simulation, and optimization using GAMS software, MATLAB, and simulation software, with a master's degree in Chemical Engineering and simultaneously interested in pursuing Ph.D.
A master's degree in Chemical Engineering supplemented with documented evidence to support the following:
- Modeling, Simulation, Optimization
- Ability to use simulation and optimization software
- Good technical writing skills
- Flexible approach and initiative in executing the role.<b>
- Knowledge of modeling and optimization for mixed-integer programming
- Knowledge of computer-aided applications such as GAMS, MATLAB, SuperPro, SchedulePro for design, simulation, and optimization
- Be adaptable and flexible to the continuous changes associated with research demands
- Commitment to pursue PhD
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.