Job description / Role
- The Reservations Agent is responsible and accountable for all operations in relation to the Reservations Agent area of the Hotel whilst on duty. All computer input, manual filing procedures and statistical information relevant to reservations must be of high quality. You should strive to provide the most comprehensive and accurate information, to telephone callers, guests and other talents and Departments of the Hotel.
- The Reservations Agent must at all times maintain a professional, yet friendly business manner in all guest and client liaison, personally, in correspondence and on the telephone. The Reservations Agent is also to pay particular attention to the use of the Guest History facility in the OPERA PMS system.
- To ensure that every booking made by a travel agent contains the relevant travel agent name. This will ensure at all times that, the travel agent receives the correct commission on time, and the Hotel does not at any time forfeit revenue due to over payment of unnecessary commission amounts.
- Responsible for ensuring that all reservation filing and correspondence is carried out daily. Filing must be strictly monitored and filed in a way, which ensures that all information is quickly on hand and easily located by all staff within the Front Office. Receives processes and confirms all room reservations channelled through the efficiently and courteously
- Ensuring that reservations are processed based on the established room availability, applicable rates and billing arrangements.
- Prepares the reservation on manual slips and proceeds to key in the system with all necessary information
- Follow-up on letters of undertaking for credit arrangements and copies to Front Desk and Accounts for their follow-up
- Handles all group tours/conventions from the initial blockage to the rooming list.
- Handles requests for complimentary items, airport transfers as well as other amenities that may arise from time to time.
- Handles all advance deposits received by crediting the amount into the correct guest's folio and issuing receipt to the sender.
- Sells rooms in such a manner to maximize revenue and occupancy with guest satisfaction.
- Works on the computer system and maintains the computer discipline at all times.
- Attends meeting and training programs.
- Adheres to Hotel's policies and procedures.
- Level of Education Bachelor / Licence Areas of study Hospitality Management
- 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
- Desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 years' experience in similar role in Hospitality industry
- Should possess a harmonious attitude in a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
- The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
- Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.