Job description / Role
• The Reservations Agent is directly responsible for handling telephone inquiries, accepting reservations and the subsequent input into the computer system.
• Reservations Agent must work at all times in maximising occupancy potential, whilst protecting the Hotel business.
• The Reservations Agent must at all times maintain a professional, yet friendly business manner in all guest and client liaison, personally, in correspondence and on the telephone.
• The Reservations Agent is also to pay particular attention to the use of the Guest History facility in the OPERA PMS system.
• To ensure that every booking made by a travel agent contains the relevant travel agent name.
• This will ensure at all times that, the travel agent receives the correct commission on time, and the Hotel does not at any time forfeit revenue due to over payment of unnecessary commission amounts.
• Responsible for ensuring that each new travel agent utilizing.
• Must have all relevant information recorded on a New Travel Agent Master Form and passed to Finance Department or Front Office Manager for approval.
• Responsible for ensuring that all reservation filing and correspondence is carried out daily.
• Filing must be strictly monitored and filed in a way, which ensures that all information is quickly on hand and easily located by all staff within the Front Office.
• Ensures that all telephone calls channelled through the reservation extensions are answered within two rings.
• Provides general information on hotel restaurants, bars and facilities.
• Performs all duties common and any other duties assigned by the Front Office Manager
• Handles all group tours/conventions from the initial blockage to the rooming list.
Level of Education
• Bachelor / Licence
Areas of study
• Hospitality Management
• 1 to 2 years
Essential and optional requirements
• Desired candidate should have a minimum of 2 years' experience as Reservation Agent role for Hotel Industry.
• Must be computer literate with effective communication skills and an excellent command of written and spoken English, Arabic Speaker will be an advantage.
• Should possess a strong character with a harmonious attitude to lead a multi-cultural team to reach the set goals of the department.
• The ideal candidate will be a hands-on professional with a passion for service quality and excellence.
• Outgoing, creative and eager to share the HEARTIST philosophy and AccorHotels values with guests and associates.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
Petrochem Middle East
Call Center Sales / Customer Service
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Executive & Personal Assistant
Irwin & Dow