Job description / Role
Reservation Agent - Dubai office
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, efficient guest service has the potential to create a lasting memory when it is delivered with warmth and sincerity. Be an ambassador for our brand as a Reservation Agent, where the engaging and anticipative service you provide over the telephone will make our guests feel valued and reflect the exceptional hotel experience.
Hotel Overview: Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the Fairmont Ajman has opened May 2015. The hotel close proximity to both Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location offers guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Director, Cluster Revenue Office, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Understand the key principles of FRHI Pricing Strategies and Revenue Management
- Group, Retail, Corporate, Leisure, Other
- Rate Restrictions, hurdles and availabilities
• Handling Groups reservation management including managing blocks, chasing rooming list from Sales team & clients, inventory management for groups, ensuring accurate billing instructions and managing group rates codes.
• To have a general understanding of Groups Management - including cut off dates, blocking and booking policies and procedures
• Maximize rooms revenue through the conversion of telephone calls into sales
- Utilize effective upselling techniques
- Understand and take reservations to support the revenue management strategies employed by Cluster Director of Revenue Management.
• Ensure revenue is maximized by up-selling guest rooms and recommending hotel facilities whenever required.
• Understand Revenue Management strategies, sell levels and sell directed rates and is able to apply these methods to offer as per available Hotel inventory.
• Ensure reservations meet the property standards in terms of accuracy of data and guest satisfaction
- Complete understanding and effective execution of current and new RM tools, includes Opera PMS/S&C.
- Be involved in all property PMS Conversions
• Cooperate, coordinate and communicate with all other departments to ensure highest level of Guest service is maintained and the maximum profit is generated.
• Handle faxes and emails pertaining to Group reservations and support with individual reservations.
• Be fully conversant with all market segments and rate plans used across all distribution channels and to be flexible in sales technique through offering the right product to the right customer at the right time.
• Support the Cluster Director Revenue Management with ad-hoc projects as required
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Follow all safety policies
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and engaging service
• Other duties as assigned
• Previous Reservation or Royal Service related experience required
• Previous Opera Property Manager System experience required
• Fluency in verbal and written English is required.
• Computer literate in Microsoft Window applications required
• Must be able to type 25 words per minute
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Highly responsible & reliable
• Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
• Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
• Luxury hotel sales experience, having had varied market mix experience
Physical Aspects of Position (include but are not limited to):
• Frequent sitting throughout shift
• Occasional standing, kneeling, pushing, pulling, lifting
APPLY TODAY: Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment.
ABOUT FAIRMONT HOTELS & RESORTS
At Fairmont Hotels & Resorts we offer our guests the finest hospitality experience in each of our destinations. And we know that, to offer our guests the best, we first need to offer our employees the best. That’s why you'll find exceptional work opportunities—throughout North America and the Caribbean, Europe and Africa, the Middle East and Asia Pacific—as well as industry-leading training, career development, recognition and rewards. Fairmont Hotels & Resorts is a celebrated collection of hotels that includes landmark locations like London’s The Savoy, New York’s The Plaza, and Shanghai’s Fairmont Peace Hotel. Our teams are guided by values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment; we employ the highest ethical and quality standards, treating all colleagues with fairness and dignity. A community and environmental leader, Fairmont is also regarded for its responsible tourism practices and award-winning Green Partnership program. An exciting future awaits!
About the Company
We are thrilled to embark on an exciting new chapter as Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, and our unrivaled collection of iconic hotels including Fairmont San Francisco, Fairmont The Norfolk, Nairobi, Fairmont Banff Springs, London's The Savoy and the Fairmont Peace Hotel in Shanghai, join AccorHotels Group, one of the world's largest global hotel companies. Together, as a global community of hospitality leaders, we remain committed to cultivating a culture in which our colleagues are encouraged to realize their full potential through rewarding experiences and development opportunities. This exciting growth translates into opportunities, not just to better meet the needs of our guests, but opportunities for you to grow your career within our incredible brands around the world!
With our distinctive hotels around the world - and more in development - our global hospitality brand is renowned for its warm, engaging service and unique, culturally rich experiences. Located in some of the world's most unforgettable destinations, Fairmont's unrivalled collection reflects a sense of heritage, sophistication, and social importance. We are also committed to responsible tourism and are an industry leader in sustainable hotel management with our award-winning Green Partnership Program.
We have a 100 year tradition of delivering excellent service in some of the most iconic properties in the world. Our focus on service begins with selecting talented individuals who embody our Brand Promise: Turning moments into memories for our guests
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Call Center Agent - Inbound
Front Office Agent
Admin Assistant - Operations
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Admin & Sales Coordinator