Job description / Role
- Ensure all clients/agents request and reservations are answered and reconfirmed in a timely manner.
- Maintain all reservations for all services accurately in our reservation system.
- Following payments of each booking before arrival a must.
- Reconfirm bookings with all suppliers internally and externally.
- Ensure a successful and smooth operation through reconfirming all bookings prior to arrival
- Advising the availability and rates whenever required.
- Attending all calls and answer the agents requires.
- Providing good & reasonable alternatives hotels in the event of no availability of Original request.
- Communicating with the suppliers to solve the partner’s problems.
- Manage bookings through online reservations system of selective partners
- Secure all bookings for requested services or provide suitable alternatives if we can’t confirm initial request
- Communicate any arrival irregularity to the partners and assist with in-house amendments
- Advise availability and prepare offers including quotations and product descriptions if requested
- Attending to all calls of clients and suppliers
- Communicating with other departments internally for excursions, visas, ground handling, sales, and accounts enquiries
- Yielding, through waiving cancellation charges and cancelling and re-booking reservations, plus manual booking of exclusive offers for other partners
- Reassure promotional rates are booked at the hotels and accounts is informed accordingly, for exclusive offers (e.g. last-minute clients)
- Forward confirmations and invoices to all partners (who are on auto-invoicing)
- Maintain a respectful, ethical, and positive communication and attitude all times.
- Base all decisions on the benefit of the company and end results required.
- Attend all trainings needed with an ongoing learning approach to all systems adopted by the company.
- Transfer of knowledge and relevant information with other colleagues as relevant.
- 2- 3 experience in the Destination Management / Tourism industry in UAE or similar
- Strong knowledge in the Reservation systems and experience in handling CIS market.
- Ability to handle different clients' proposals/projects.
- Liaise with Contracting Department in ensuring reservations are within the agreed contracts with the hoteliers.
- Liaise with the Operations Department for other bookings like excursions, transfers, etc.
- Process bookings, cancellations, amendments, or any other requests or adjustments.
- Organize, accurate and Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and adaptable to a multi-cultural environment.
- Russian speaker
- Can join immediately.
About the Company
An organization built on professionalism, extensive experience and guest-centricity, Desert Gate was a long-sought dream of a visionary who established the company in 2004 as a supplier of the local needs of top-level tour operators in the UAE. Today, it is a full-fledged Premium DMC, serving the seven emirates of the UAE, Oman and it’s newest destination - The Maldives. Over the years, the company has been recognised and rewarded for its innovative approach to product design as well as providing top notch service to its guests.
A solid financial base complemented with a well-proven, reliable top management boasting of 75 years of combined experience in the travel industry, Desert Gate envisions to become the number one Luxury travel group in the Gulf region, with a plan to expand its services to other destinations that are connected culturally to its home market.
Desert Gate is part of the MTS Globe group and through that partnership has access to the best-in-class technology and cleanest XML feed in the industry. Also, as a traditional DMC, Desert Gate has all you can expect from a first-rate ground handler, such as excellent contracting, creative excursions and superior in-resort service levels.
Desert Gate combines the very best of a traditional DMC with avant-garde technology and connectivity.