Job description / Role
Given the rapid growth and development of this premium Holiday home business, we require a Reservations Manager to manage the Reservations function and work closely with revenue, marketing and sales and other relevant functions to maximise Room Yield through Inventory Control while delivering exceptional customer service.
Areas of Competence:
- To oversee and assist in the preparation and update of the Reservations Departmental Operations Manual.
- To conduct regular communications meetings and ensure that departmental briefings and meetings are effective and conducted as necessary.
- To ensure that an organised and efficient filing system is implemented for the department.
- To ensure that the use new technology and equipment is explored and implemented wherever appropriate.
- To ensure that Reservations deliver the brand promise and provide exceptional guest service at all times.
- To ensure that Reservations also provide excellent service to internal customers as appropriate.
- To handle all guest and internal customer complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to make sure problems are resolved satisfactorily.
- To maximise sales and revenue.
- To maximise employee productivity through the use of multi-skilling, multi-tasking and flexible scheduling to meet the financial goals of the business as well as the expectations of the guests.
- To ensure that the Reservations operates with the lowest possible cost structure while also delivering on the brand promise to the guest proactively managing costs based on key performance indicators.
- To assist in the preparation of the Annual Business Plan.
- To assist in monthly reforecast, as appropriate.
- To ensure that all relevant hotel, company and local rules, policies and regulations are adhered to, including credit and payment policies.
- To actively participate in weekly yield and revenue management meetings, preparing the information and reports as necessary to ensure a productive meeting.
- To assist in the preparation, utilisation and update of an annual Marketing Plan, broken down as necessary by department.
- To oversee the taking and processing of all reservations according to company guidelines.
- To administer the loading of all new rates into the relevant reservation channels/systems, including testing and deployment.
- To work with other Departments, checking unit and unit-type availability, to maximise unit sales, yield and average unit rate through up selling and other inventory and rate management initiatives.
- To oversee and assist with the processing of individual and group reservations, rooming lists, waitlists and other reservations.
- To ensure the proper handling of all overbooking situations and waitlisted business, working closely with the relevant departments.
- To prepare accurate advance booking counts and forecasts.
- To build strong relationships with all sources of bookings and work closely with the Marketing Department in maintaining and developing these relationships.
- To ensure that all company minimum brand standards have been implemented, and that optional brand standards have been implemented where appropriate.
- To work closely with other management personnel in a supportive and flexible manner, focusing on the overall success of the business and the satisfaction of guests.
- To make sure that Reservations employees work in a supportive and flexible manner with other departments, in a spirit of "We work through Teams".
- To monitor and follow up on group blocks and groups with no room lists.
- To ensure that all guest details are entered correctly in accordance with the principles of clean data.
- To actively promote and manage direct booking and to where possible divert bookings into direct channels from OTA’s
- To assist in the recruitment and selection of Reservations employees. To follow guidelines when recruiting and use a competency-based approach to selecting employees.
- To oversee the punctuality and appearance of all Reservations employees, making sure that they maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene, according to the department's grooming standards.
- To conduct annual Performance Development Discussions with Reservations employees, to support them in their professional development goals.
- To plan and implement effective training programmes for all Reservations employees in coordination with the Training Manager and Departmental Trainers, using the Reservations Sales Training module and other AII training materials.
- To support Departmental Trainers through ongoing feedback and assistance at monthly meetings.
- To develop the skills and effectiveness of all Reservations employees through the appropriate training, coaching, and/or mentoring.
- To prepare and post weekly work schedules, making sure that they reflect business needs and other key performance indicators.
- To encourage employees to be creative and innovative, challenging and recognising them for their contribution to the success of the operation.
- To ensure that employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to employee rules and regulations.
- To ensure that employees follow all company and local rules, policies and regulations relating to fire and hazard safety, and security.
- To feedback the results of the Employee Opinion Survey and ensure that the relevant changes are implemented.
- To maintain strong, professional relationships with the relevant representatives from competitors and other organisations.
- To respond to changes in the Reservations function as dictated by the industry and company.
- To have an understanding of and adhere to the company's rules and regulations and in particular, the policies and procedures relating to fire, hygiene, health and safety.
- To attend training sessions and meetings as and when required.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties and responsibilities as assigned.
To be effective in the role, the candidate must demonstrate:
- Strong business orientation in three aptitudes:
- Diagnosis & analysis (analytical mind, conceptual skills, good environment understanding);
- Share his/her conviction (driving force, relational skills, highly committed);
- Strive for results (success oriented, data finder, initiate / pro-active, problem solver)
- Socially adept interpersonal skills
- Outgoing personality and comfortable with negotiation and meeting new people
- Good with numbers – must be numerate and have good excel skills
- Self-motivated, driven and able to take on a task and see it through to completion
- Strong communication and IT fluency
- Creative talents and the ability to solve tough problems
- The ability to handle pressure, multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Skill in prioritizing and triaging obligations
- Attention to detail critical
- Excellent time management and organisation
Level of Education:
Areas of study:
Economics, Finance, Accounting, Hospitality Management
Minimum 2 years in a revenue management role within a hotel or holiday home operator in the UAE
English (fluent), Arabic (desirable), Russian (desirable)
About the Company
With a genuine understanding of what our Clients and Candidates need to succeed, Green Gulf Careers believe that honest and open relationships at every level are paramount to both our success and yours. We have a hugely diverse talent pool and we take the utmost care in matching them to our equally diverse Client base in order to achieve success at every level.
Whilst partnering with organisations across the Gulf, whether it be a SME or a leading Multinational, our team has extensive industry experience and a strong understanding of both the economic trends and cultural business diversities in this region.
When engaging with us, you will deal with a dedicated Consultant who has a strong knowledge of your industry and sector and who will take time to get to know you and your Individual or Company needs. We pride ourselves on our discreet, transparent and service focused approach and to that end, we will form a relationship based on a mutual respect which really assists us understand your requirements. Our experience in industry adds particular value to the recruitment process and whilst we recruit at all levels and disciplines, we offer the same exceptional service levels should you be recruiting a junior member of staff or at Company Director level.