Job description / Role
Play Your Part
The Reservation Agent ensures the smooth and efficient reservation process and provides service excellence to all enquiries over the phone and by email.
- Work accurately according to reservation procedures, resulting in excellent inventory management, statistics and minimal no shows & denials.
- Apply the day to day function of the hotel reservations and call centre.
- Maintain consistent telephone standards incl for cluster services between Parks and Hotel.
- Be pro-active in ensuring enquiries are attended to promptly and in a professional manner, ensuring optimum conversion.
- Promote the company vision and values when dealing with both internal & external customers.
- Build excellent internal and external customer relationships by delivering a professional and dedicated service.
- Assist with departmental risk assessments and ensure they are carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees are aware of Group Health & Safety policy and their obligations under it.
Business Impact / Results:
- Assist with the optimization of hotel rooms revenue through service excellence.
- To proactively support in achieving targets set for hotel bedroom sales.
- Follow the pricing strategies for the hotel to optimise yield opportunities through upsell product and services.
- Take a responsible approach towards time keeping and attendance within the work place to ensure department runs effectively at all times.
- Actively support meeting the hotel rooms related KPI targets.
- Remain approachable and reflect the fun and friendly company culture.
- Execute the up-selling strategy to deliver extra rooms revenue
- Communicate well in the with the departments without gap, maximising sales opportunities and minimising denials, no shows with supervision and assistance from the Supervisor and Revenue Manager.
Applied Knowledge and Specialist Skills:
- Reservations & group reservations experience
- Knowledge of Opera preferred
- PCI Compliance and Data protection
- Correspondence management, filing and reviewing
- IT systems
- PM accounts, City Ledger.
Complexity and Problem Solving:
- Managing over-sell of room types without impact to guest experience
- Resolving overbooked/book out situations including re-housing of guests/groups
- Rate discrepancies with package bookings, group bookings and negotiated accounts
- Customer feedback and complaint resolution
Health & Safety :
- Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedures are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it.
- They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly.
- Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are not repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- 2 - 4 years of successful experience in a similar position within a comparable hotel/resort.
- Proven track record of leading teams focused on driving a measurable increase in hotel bookings.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014