Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Reservations Agent, you will make our guests feel welcome and reflect the exceptional experience the come when they arrive!
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Be very well versed with handling the Opera system and be totally familiar with all aspects of the reservation systems.
- Identify guest reservation needs by asking open-ended questions to obtain all necessary information
- Answer guest questions about property facilities/services (e.g., hours of operation, room availability, restricted dates, rates and room types, packages, promotions, entertainment, restaurants, special events).
- Post advance deposits and keep accurate records of deposits.
- Process rooming lists and group blocks and indicate special requests and billing procedures and be familiar with changes in the rates and group enquiries.
- File and process reservations correspondence, make certain all files are current and in order.
- Have knowledge of Front desk, Sales and Accounts departments and how they relate to the Reservations department.
- To be aware of inventory management and keep a constant check on the room types available throughout the day
- To have an understanding of departmental goals and projections for average rate and occupancy
- Accommodate and document special requests in an accurate and efficient manner.
- Determine the most appropriate room type to meet guest requirements and maximize room rate.
- Use sales techniques when assisting guests in making reservations, including personalizing calls, obtaining complete guest needs, suggesting alternate dates or directing guests to sister properties on sold out days.
- Explain guarantee and cancellation policies to callers and assign confirmation/cancellation numbers and clearly relay this information to callers, giving them the option of emailing and/or faxing these numbers.
- Follow "up selling" techniques and sales strategies in order to maximize property revenue.
- Identify repeat guests using appropriate codes.
- Be familiar with the operational procedures of all equipment in the kitchen and operate them in the correct manner to ensure the maximum efficiency and personal safety.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience as a Reservation Agent in the same industry.
- Have thorough knowledge of using the Opera software.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor.
Do what you love, care for the world; dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Guest Service Agent
Receptionist / Lounge Staff
Big Fish Recruitment
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts