Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
Raffles the Palm
Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world's largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance. Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state of the art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal and discreet service to well-travelled guests. Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of all segments. The position focuses on hotel's national and international accounts in terms of individual bookings.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all reservation enquires are professionally, and promptly handled and that there is no loss of business
- Conduct training to existing and new agents in the team to maintain and improve reservation selling skills
- Handle and resolve Guest issues in a positive manner so as to protect company revenue and result in Guest satisfaction
- Develop and maintain the department schedule whereby there is appropriate coverage to handle reservation calls, minimizing loss of calls, and ensuring a high level of conversion into bookings
- Track calls using standard call conversion sheets and report results daily, weekly and monthly
- Set and amend selling strategies across all channels, and segments as directed by the direct report as applicable per property level
- Run reports as required by Hotel and company standards; assist the Director of Revenue Management or other direct report, to maintain, make change in the Reservation/Property Management/Revenue Management system (if applicable) at property level as required
- Maintain administration procedures, as per company and Hotel standards; this includes all reservations and requests are confirmed with in 24 hours, no show charges are validated and sent to Finance for posting, filing system is maintained, and new ones set up; fax machine is checked and correspondence is placed in the applicable place(s)
- Conduct annual reviews, recommend appropriate succession plan for Employee(s) development in order to ensure the sustainability of the reservation department; provide suggestion for improvement, and identify barriers to its success, and ways to overcome these
- Monitor and report results of any incentive programs in place; responsible to make sure integrity of the program is maintained, and that all requirements are followed
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self-Development, Listening and Oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Managing, training and instructing skills
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel or Resort.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.
Front Office Assistant
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Guest Service Officer - Apartment
Dubai Parks and Resorts