Job description / Role
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are more than 240 000 women and men who share something unique.
Each and every day we host the world. We care for millions of people. We are all moved by curiosity. We love blending cultures. We are proud of our differences
Yes, we lead the way. But we want to go further, with audacity, with imagination, with passion
This is a new kind of hospitality, grounded in the spirit of discovery, the fantasy of nightlife and the adventure of connection. Hyde is more than a brand, it's a state of mind.
THE HYDE DUBAI
Hyde Hotels, Resorts & Residences, part of the world-leading Accor group, today announced the first Hyde hotel outside of the United States, Hyde Dubai Business Bay, in close proximity to the iconic Burj Khalifa directly fronting the Business Bay canal and promenade.
Hyde Hotel Dubai Business Bay, a five-star hotel, is set to open in Q4 2021. The 276-rooms, all with balconies, will be a mix of gracious standard rooms and luxurious suites with views of the Dubai Canal, the Dubai skyline and the iconic Burj Khalifa - the tallest building in the world.
Hyde Hotel Dubai will feature three incredible culinary experiences including the Mediterranean concept, Cleo Mediterráneo, contemporary Japanese from Katsuya, hand-crafted burgers from Hudson Tavern. Also on the property will be The Perq, a coffee concept, a lobby lounge, and Hyde pool & lounge.
The incumbent in this position is responsible for following up to materialize the budgeted revenues of all segments. The position focuses on hotel's national and international accounts in terms of individual bookings.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure all reservation enquires are professionally, and promptly handled and that there is no loss of business
- Conduct training to existing and new agents in the team to maintain and improve reservation selling skills
- Handle and resolve Guest issues in a positive manner so as to protect company revenue and result in Guest satisfaction
- Develop and maintain the department schedule whereby there is appropriate coverage to handle reservation calls, minimizing loss of calls, and ensuring a high level of conversion into bookings
- Track calls using standard call conversion sheets and report results daily, weekly and monthly
- Set and amend selling strategies across all channels, and segments as directed by the direct report as applicable per property level
- Run reports as required by Hotel and company standards; assist the Director of Revenue Management or other direct report, to maintain, make change in the Reservation/Property Management/Revenue Management system (if applicable) at property level as required
- Maintain administration procedures, as per company and Hotel standards; this includes all reservations and requests are confirmed with in 24 hours, no show charges are validated and sent to Finance for posting, filing system is maintained, and new ones set up; fax machine is checked and correspondence is placed in the applicable place(s)
- Conduct annual reviews, recommend appropriate succession plan for Employee(s) development in order to ensure the sustainability of the reservation department; provide suggestion for improvement, and identify barriers to its success, and ways to overcome these
- Monitor and report results of any incentive programs in place; responsible to make sure integrity of the program is maintained, and that all requirements are followed
- Creativity, Stress Management, Self-Development, Listening and Oral Skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks
- Ability to delegate and organize work flow
- Ability to meet deadlines consistently
- Leadership skills
- Managing, training and instructing skills
- Degree/Diploma in Training and Development or Hotel Management
- Working knowledge of Opera, Microsoft Office.
- Minimum 3 years experience in Hotel or Resort.
- Luxury hotel or resort background preferred
- Understands the local culture and have worked in the region.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.