Job description / Role
You will be responsible to assist with the efficient running of the department in line with Hyatt International's Corporate Strategies and brand standards, whilst meeting employee, guest and owner expectations. The Reservations Agent is responsible to assist in the smooth and effective operation of the Reservations Department by providing courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service.
- Ideally with a relevant degree or diploma in Hospitality or Tourism management
- Minimum 2 years work experience as Reservations Agent in hotel operations.
- Excellent customer service & communications skills are a must.
- Arabic speaking will be an advantage.
- Able to execute daily operations of answering inbound customer service phone calls.
- Able to develop strong relationships with customers by building rapport, providing personable customer service and effectively assessing and addressing their needs.
- Good problem solving, administrative and interpersonal skills are a must.
About the Company
Hyatt was founded by Jay Pritzker in 1957 when he purchased the Hyatt House motel adjacent to the Los Angeles International Airport. Over the following decade, Jay Pritzker and his brother, Donald Pritzker, working together with other Pritzker family business interests, grew the company into a North American management and hotel ownership company, which became a public company in 1962. In 1968, Hyatt International was formed and subsequently became a separate public company. Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation were taken private by the Pritzker family business interests in 1979 and 1982, respectively. On December 31, 2004, substantially all of the hospitality assets owned by Pritzker family business interests, including Hyatt Corporation and Hyatt International Corporation, were consolidated under a single entity, now Hyatt Hotels Corporation.