Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Reservations Officer, you will make our guests feel welcome and reflect the exceptional experience the come when they arrive!
What is in it for you:
• To attend and handle all incoming and outgoing room reservation requests, as per the hotel standards and procedures.
• To attract guests and to enhance their loyalty, providing a distinctive service through communication and sales skills, in order to improve the hotel's image and to increase revenue.
• To recognize potential clients and to transmit information to the Sales Department.
• To recognize VIP guests and to apply the concerned policies.
• To maintain a good commercial relationship with all the bookers: guests/companies/agencies.
• To promote the Accor loyalty programs and the hotel promotions.
• To respect the privacy of the guests and the confidentiality of the information.
• To manage any guest complaint in a professional manner, by owning it, resolving it to the guest satisfaction and recording it.
• To report all guest comments or complaints.
• To call the supervisor or manager for advice in serious cases or if an approval is required.
• To properly use the telephone etiquettes as per Sofitel standards.
• To have a perfect knowledge of room types and rate structure.
• To ensure the accuracy of all booking information entered in the PMS.
• To maintain an accurate Guest History.
• To have a perfect knowledge of the hotel configuration and products.
• To achieve Quality Tools and Yield Management performance.
• To know the competitors and to gather information about their activities and sales.
• To provide updated reports and statistics to the Management and other departments.
• To follow up availability and rate charts on TARS and other booking systems / channels.
• To maintain database for ATACS follow up.
• To follow daily check-lists.
• To fulfill administrative tasks and filing.
• To properly use and maintain the reservation communication system (telephone, fax, e-mail).
• To be aware of and to follow emergency and security procedures.
• To respect key handling procedures.
• To respect Lost & Found procedures.
• To read and update logbooks.
• To maintain appropriate stock level for the smooth run of the reservations operations and to initiate requisitions accordingly.
• To maintain a clean and tidy working area at all times.
• To be updated with the latest administrative, organizational, operational or other changes and news.
• To share daily activity highlights with the supervisor and manager including internal and external guest opportunities.
• To maintain an atmosphere of high morale and a happy working relationship among the team.
• To respect schedules, terms and deadlines as agreed with the Management.
• To attend a daily line up briefing with the reservations team.
• To support reception training in reservation techniques and procedures.
Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
Learning programs through our Academies
Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
• Consistently offer exceptional, friendly and engaging service
• Ensure the best selection for the guest and ensure revenue is maximized through up-selling
• Recommend property facilities and assist guests with information and special requests
• Book room reservation requests, enter rooming lists, and update accurate information in the system
Your experience and skills include:
• Guest focused personality is essential; experience is an asset
• Prior experience working with Opera or a related system
• Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
• Fluency in English; additional languages are a plus
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We are 280,000 women and men placing people at the heart of what we do, and nurturing real passion for service and achievement Joining Accor means embarking on a unique life journey to imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.