Job description / Role
Emirates Palace is centrally located in the heart of Abu Dhabi, close to major visitor attractions and the main business areas of the city. Just 40 minutes from Abu Dhabi International Airport and 90 minutes from Dubai Airport, Emirates Palace is conveniently situated for both leisure and business travellers. Popular tourist sites close to the Emirates Palace include the Grand Mosque and the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre, both located 20 minutes away. The Marina Mall and major shopping attractions are also within walking distance of the hotel
The incumbent of this position is responsible for the efficient functioning of the Reservations department.
- Manage rooms inventory to achieve optimum results in occupancy, average rate and revenue, reviewing daily reservations accuracy, rates compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Train, develop, and motivate staff to increase productivity.
- Participate in staff recruitment, organise on-the-job and monthly training for all staff, supervise and manage performance in order to ensure clients' satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Maintain good working relations with other departments and keep close contact with regular guests, ensuring their needs are identified, and relayed to concerned departments for service delivery.
- Review MyFidelio, OCM& PMS availability keeping sufficient inventory for high yield segments.
- Ensure all sellable contracted rates are loaded in all systems for ease of use by Reservations.
- Ensure all internal package breakdowns are loaded and in line with financial department.
- Supervise the Reservations Agents in their daily duties, including pick-ups, travel agents' commissions, staff responses to clients, etc.
- Control no show and late cancellation charges.
- Update Serenata configuration / offers / confirmation letters set-up in corporate design, if applicable.
- Ensure that the team is aware of the internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Keep close follow up on developments of the competitor hotels (occupancy, renovation, special campaigns, theme events etc.).
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Prepare reports on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all reservation standards.
- Keep department informed of all changes in systems or procedures.
- Monitor reservation pick-up for the coming months.
- Maximize employee productivity and morale within the department and consistently maintain discipline within hotel guidelines and local regulations.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years' experience in Reservations Supervisor role
- Proficient in Micros
- English Language proficiency (Preferably Additional Languages)
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times
- Able to stand all day
About the Company
The Kempinski name is proudly borne by a growing collection of distinguished properties around the world. As Europe's oldest luxury hotel group, we are committed to providing our guests with memorable journeys inspired by exquisite European flair. We believe life should be lived with style.
Each year, an increasing number of guests come to appreciate these qualities, as Kempinski adds new, exciting destinations in Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Asia and The Americas. While this growth reflects the strength and success of the Kempinski brand, the collection will remain a limited one, where exclusivity can be nurtured and individuality can flourish.
We believe that our prestigious, European heritage puts Kempinski in a unique position to satisfy the expectations of the stylish and discerning traveller. It's not just to simply provide a hotel bed and a meal, at Kempinski it's all about bringing a story to life.
Since 1897, our employees have been a part of creating history around the world. From historic buildings to the most avant-garde of modern architecture, our properties are the setting for some of life's greatest moments. We've witnessed historic meetings between world leaders, celebrities taking sanctuary in the world of privacy we create for them, and created incredible memories for guests on a 'once-in-a-lifetime' journey.
We are wholeheartedly committed to providing perfection for our guests at every moment and in every way. Perhaps it's something as life-changing as a wedding celebration, where our attention to detail and perfect service mean that your special day goes without a hitch. Or perhaps it's as simple as the note left on your pillow at night, which thoughtfully lets you know the weather tomorrow so you know how to dress in the morning. At Kempinski, we are each personally responsible for creating rich and meaningful experiences for our guests.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Customer Support Officer
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
|Abu Dhabi||25 Sep|
Front Office Agent
|Abu Dhabi||12 Sep|
Sales and Service Assistant - Trade Finance
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank (ADCB)
Front Office Agent
Customer Service Representative
Schweitzer Engineering Laboratories (SEL)