Job description / Role
International Architecture firm have an established and reputed name in Middle East and Asia. Successfully offering clients innovative design solutions across Tower, Hospitality, Retail and Residential project typologies, they have delivered landmark projects in UAE and Asia.
Currently they seek a Resident Architect in Dubai to help deliver construction projects.
The main duties of the Resident Architect include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review and understand all project contract documents (drawings, shop drawings, specifications, etc.) with other site architects and engineers before construction activities commence
• Lead the site architectural team in resolving design and technical coordination issues. Ensure that the contractors submittals to local ministries are carried out in a timely manner as specified in contract documents.
• Prepare and manage all Architectural related written communications between the contractor, client and relevant sub consultants.
• Liaise with and manage the client and / or the client's project manager to ensure that the contract is administered effectively and is meeting their expectations.
• Liaise with and assist the Project Director with all architectural related matters.
• Manage the Architectural team on site, including architectural inspectors and site architects to ensure that contract administration activities are being undertaken in a timely manner and in accordance with the contract.
• Liaise with contractors technical and managerial team to ensure that all architectural construction activities are being addressed in accordance with the contract.
• Review and assess contractors and sub-contractors pre-qualifications, inspect their showrooms, workshop/factory as and when required.
• Lead all technical site meetings, and be responsible for presenting up to date architectural progress reports and attending all site meetings with contractor, client, sub-contractors and sub consultants to ensure that all technical construction activities are being managed in accordance with the contract.
• Lead the snagging procedure after substantial completion of construction activities have ended; ensure that a snag list is prepared based on defective/outstanding works for the contractor to rectify, repair and complete for re-inspection.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The minimum qualifications for this role are:
• Minimum of 15-20 years of relevant industry experience, including site supervision experience in administering and delivering large-scaled projects, in the Middle-East (preferably the UAE).
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, with professional affiliation and certification
The following personal qualities are highly desirable for this role:
• Able to manage sensitive and / or confidential information
• A proactive and hands-on person with a positive team attitude.
• Creative with a high degree of flexibility.
• Strong professional integrity and work ethic.
• Organised and efficient, with an ability to refine work practices.
• Professional appearance and attitude with an outgoing personality.
About the Company
Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect. to: Consisting only of Director level personnel, each with over 12 years' experience of working within the Gulf Region, we aim to alleviate all the issues and frustrations traditionally associated with using a Resourcing or external HR service. Each client and candidate is handpicked and dealt with by a Director personally thus ensuring that all parties get the level of service they expect.