Job description / Role
What are my core accountabilities?
• Client interface
• Program Scheduling
• Cost & Risk
• Scope and Deliverables
• Sub Consultants
• Change and Opportunity
• Local Authorities & Approval
• Construction Support
• Resource Management
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
• To act as Engineer’s/Client’s Representative in the administration of the construction contract.
• To ensure that SSH's responsibilities under the Supervision Agreement with the Client and the Supervision Undertaking with the Municipality are fulfilled.
• Coordinates with the Project Manager regarding design and documentation issues.
• Action all construction contract correspondence with contractor(s), client and construction manager (if applicable).
• Review and action material, shop drawing, sample, mock-up etc. submittals.
• Issue instructions to contractor for their action to comply with the construction contract time and quality requirements.
• Action the Client's instructions to modify the works in consultation with the Head Office if involving change to the design.
• Liaise with the Head Office designers and Statutory Authorities to resolve site queries.
• Issue to the client and SSH Head Office regular project progress reports.
• Review and process contractor payments and variation orders.
• Review and advise client on contractor claims.
• Issue substantial and final completion certificates. Prepare and follow up snag lists.
• Review and approve operation and maintenance manuals and as-built drawings.
• Issue SSH supervision invoices to Client for payment. Follow up payment until received.
What do I need to apply?
• Professional analytical standards with project related data and documents as per SSH data management systems and procedures.
• Extensive project experience.
• People management and mentoring skills
• Strong relationships with clients and stakeholders.
• Understanding of commercial management of projects.
• Understanding of risk management.
• Understanding of scope definition and scope interface.
• Professional presentation skills.
• Detailed knowledge of local standards, policies, codes and procedures and ability to convey best practice to the team.
• Full knowledge of Statutory Authorities requirements, knowledge of codes, regulations and submission requirements.
• Developed knowledge of Sustainable Design principles.
• Ability and will to mentor and provide support to junior staff members and spread knowledge across the wider architectural community.
• Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
• Demonstrated ability of Managing a large sized team.
• Digital Platforms
• Office 365
• Online Communication tools (Skype, Web ex)
• Experience with Data Management Systems - required (Deltek, SharePoint, HRIS)
• 20+ year Post graduate experience - international Consultants experience required.
• Relevant Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s level – desirable.
• Eligible to register to professional body (Origin/Local) - desirable.
About the Company
Having been in business for 50 years, we have accumulated unparalled knowledge, skill, and creativity. We use our expertise to develop a truly tailored innovative and creative solution that is in line with our clients' specific requirements. We don't sell a "house style" - that's not our style.
The firm has its headquarters in Kuwait and has completed a wide range of projects locally and throughout the Middle East. A recent survey conducted by the World Architecture Magazine shows that SSH is currently ranked as number fifty two in the world.
We treat our employees as valued members of the team. We believe in the power of every single person who works here and the individual expertise they bring to a project. We reinforce the worth of every individual by giving them the room to excel.
SSH is registered in Kuwait with the Ministry of Planning, Ministry of Public Works, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, Ministry of Defense, the Kuwait Municipality and many private enterprises.
The Firm is registered with international and bi-lateral agencies such as the United Nations Development Programme, the International Road Federation, the Arab Fund for Social and Economic Development, the Kuwait Fund for Arab Economic Development, the Committee for Reconstruction and Development in Lebanon.