Job description / Role
The RE should support the Project Director and take accountability for providing project management and coordination direction with primary responsibility to the client for on-site delivery of time, cost and quality of constructions project in the Middle East. Key Responsibilities include:
• Client’s delegated site based representative and liaison for Stantec’s site based team.
• Responsible for all Stantec activities, services deliveries and persons on site.
• Responsible for all Stantec’s CA team communication to the Client’s Project Manager and to the Main Contractor.
• Attends monthly Steering Group meeting.
• Chairs bi-weekly/monthly Progress Meeting.
• Attends other major technical, commercial and/or project control meetings as necessary.
• Prepares Monthly Reports.
• Liaisons and coordinates directly with the Project Director.
• Liaisons with the Stantec Design Team Project Manager when necessary.
• Liaisons with all necessary local authorities as necessary.
• Reviews necessary “Constructability” and “Build-ability” reviews.
• Reviews necessary project sequencing and phasing reviews.
• Responsible for review of and reply on all claims and EOT’s.
• Manages all variations and changes from a Stantec perspective.
• Responsible for signing-off and organizing preparation preliminary Hand Over report.
• Responsible for the project handover, final walk through and project closure.Other duties as requested from time to time by the Project Director.
Collaboration and teamwork
• Work in conjunction with engineers to solve project design problems, performing basic design calculations as required.
• Conduct technical, feasibility studies and site investigations
• Liaison with teams working remotely from other parts of the world to facilitate completion of tasks, and project.
• Good communicator.
Client Service Management
• Initiates and maintains liaison with client contacts to facilitate program activities.
• Ability to build and maintain lasting and positive relationships
• Experience in utility diversions and management
Health & Safety
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Complete all work in line with STANTEC Core Values and in accordance with the STANTEC Quality Systems and Project Quality Procedures.
• Degree in Civil Engineering, or equivalent from a recognized University.
• Excellent command of English both written and spoken.
• The ability to manage a heavy workload, with a close attention to detail.
• Excellent computer skills.
• The ability to work autonomously, reviewing your work on a regular basis while consistently meeting your objectives.
• Strong team working capabilities. Committed to working with all levels of management on a daily and ongoing basis.
• A proactive approach, working effectively in co-ordinating activities and complex tasks, taking professional responsibility in all matters.
• Be of the highest calibre: punctual, attentive and competent in adhering to COMPANY’s policies, procedures and working practices.
• A flexible approach to working hours and travel; with occasional weekend work if required.
• Responsible for single department or functional area either as a manager or functional expert
• Initiates and maintains relationships with key staff from other departments
• Makes authoritative decisions and recommendations having important impact on activities of company
• Demonstrates high degree of creativity, foresight, and mature judgment in anticipating and solving unprecedented complexities
• Determines program objectives and requirement, organizing programs and projects, and developing standards and guidelines for diverse activities
• Proven specialist expertise; typically 10+ years of experience, including fiscal responsibilities.
• Masters or college/university graduate with equivalent combination of skills and experience generally expected for specified technical roles
• Knowledge & Skills
• Business Development
• Client Service Management
• Project Management or General Management
• Decision Making
• Baseline Skills
• Adaptability to Change
• Dependability and Responsibility
• Job Safety
• Organizational Skills
• Planning and Scheduling Skills
• Professionalism, Standards and Ethics
• Team-Oriented Attitudes
About the Company
Communities are fundamental. Whether around the corner or across the globe, they provide a foundation, a sense of place and of belonging. That’s why at Stantec, we always design with community in mind.
We care about the communities we serve—because they’re our communities too. This allows us to assess what’s needed and connect our expertise, to appreciate nuances and envision what’s never been considered, to bring together diverse perspectives so we can collaborate toward a shared success.
We’re designers, engineers, scientists, and project managers, innovating together at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. Balancing these priorities results in projects that advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
|Saudi Arabia||19 Aug|
Senior Project Manager
Senior Project Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||23 Jun|
Senior Project Manager
Unique TAJ HR Consultancy