Job description / Role
Can you help societies thrive in a world we cannot control?
Can you anticipate the unforeseeable, perceive the unexplainable, and plan something unbelievable?
Can you design the unthinkable?
Can you think international and still act local?
WSP are looking to recruit a Resident Engineer – Cables to join our Power & Water Network supervision team in Abu Dhabi.
The key objectives of the role will be to:
• Manage the project during design, construction supervision and warranty period stage.
• Coordinate with client and liaison with town planning department for route approval
• Monitor that construction strictly follows approved design, reporting and clearance of non-conformance.
• Perform contract closeout and verification of installed quantities.
In order to be shortlisted for the role you will have the following;
• Bachelor degree in Engineering in Electrical
• Should have 10 years’ experience in 132kV and higher underground cable projects in the Middle East
• Experience with TRANSCO, DEWA, FEWA, Kharamaa, OETC will be preferred and have advantage to secure TRANSCO approval.
We would like to speak with creative, positive, people focused individuals who are proactive and results-driven. If have a passion for new technology, and thrive upon ‘thinking out of the box’ to develop and deliver solutions to complex problems, then WSP is the place for you.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.