Job description / Role
Resident Engineer (Microtunnel) - Stormwater
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
• Act as, and to fulfill the duties of, the Engineer with regards to assigned duties and delegated authority and be directly responsible to the Employer during the construction of the Works.
• Monitor, observe and inspect the contractor’s construction activities.
• Issue orders/direction to the Contractor to correct any activities, work, materials and/or equipment which are not in compliance with the Contract.
• Direct, assist, monitor and manage the performance of the construction supervision team working on the construction of the roadworks and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Provide assistance, information and advice to the Employer regarding the issuance of variations and adjustments to the settlement of the Contractor’s accounts.
• Provide recommendations to the Employer for contractor payments, claims and variation orders.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding roadworks and associated works, utility diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road furniture, landscape and other related works.
• Review all fabrication/shop/working/as-built drawings, design proposals, method statements, material submissions, any requests for information relating to the roadworks and associated works.
• Maintain the Resident Engineers’ daily diary and reports by his subordinates.
• Check and measure the performed work and record/report on actual vs. planned progress.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned Authorities.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Submit reports to the Employer on any accidents or near misses that take place on site.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the HSE regulations, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings.
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Report back as necessary to the Project / Construction Director.
• Review Contractor’s Works’ Rate of Progress and accordingly issue the relevant correspondence.
• Lead the review of Contractor’s claims and liaise with authorities.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 18 years experience in construction supervision of large infrastructure projects with specific previous experience in NDRC/NDM and Microtunnelling works.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be proactive and with good problem solving skills.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English and Arabic, both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Project Manager - Construction
Facilities Engineer - Civil/MEP - UAE National
|Abu Dhabi||14 Jun|
Civil Site Engineer
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jul|
Senior Project Manager
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||28 May|