Job description / Role
The Resident Engineer will assist the Senior Resident Engineer in administering the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the road and infrastructure works. He will supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the road and infrastructure works.
• To act as, and to fulfil the duties of, the Engineer with regards to assigned duties and delegated authority and be directly responsible to the Employer during the construction of the Works.
• To communicate directly with the Contractor.
• To observe and inspect the Contractor’s construction activities.
• Issue orders/direction to the Contractor to correct any activities, work, materials and/or equipment which are not in compliance with the Contract.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction supervision team working on the the construction of the roadworks and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Provide assistance, information and advice to the Employer regarding the issuance of variations and adjustments to the settlement of the Contractor’s accounts.
• Provide assistance, information and advice to the Employer regarding the issuance of instructions involving financial matters.
• Provide recommendations to the Employer for Contractor payments.
• Provide recommendations to the Employer for claims and variation orders.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding roadworks and associated works, utility diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road furniture and other related works.
• Keep pertinent and proper site records.
• Review all fabrication/shop/working/as-built drawings, design proposals, method statements, material submissions, any requests for information relating to the roadworks and associated works.
• Maintain the Resident Engineers’ daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Generally supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the roadworks and associated works.
• Prepare progress reports as applicable.
• Check and measure the performed work and record/report on actual vs. planned progress.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned Authorities.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Submit reports to the Employer on any accidents or near misses that take place on site.
• Review the Contractors’ HSE reports.
• Act positively and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings.
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
• Participate in contract administration.
• Bachelor’s Degree in civil engineering and minimum ten (15) years post graduate experience in design, site supervision, and construction management of major roads & infrastructure projects of complex nature.
• Demonstrable experience in all aspects of civil supervision on major road and general infrastructure projects preferably in the Gulf region.
• Chartered Engineer or Professional Engineer (PE) registration or other similar professional organizations preferred.
• Emphasis on Quality Assurance Specifications and Statistical Quality Control.
• Should be able to review and justify the material submissions analyse laboratory and technical reports, carry out acceptance sampling plans, testing and quality measures, ensuring the compliance with the project’s Specifications.
• Must have a sound knowledge about contractual relationships.
• Must be fully computer literate and able to utilize computer technology to access data, maintain records, generate reports, etc. and any project specific engineering and construction relevant software.
• Must be fluent in English and Arabic both written and spoken with an excellent capability in written technical skills as well as oral and written communication skills.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.