Job description / Role
* Responsible for overseeing the day to day activities in the hostel - particularly the building to which they are assigned - to ensure a safe and congenial living, learning community, with a strong focus on students' education and personal development.
* Oversees the living, learning community to which they are assigned to ensure that students are provided with a friendly, homely environment that also encourages personal development and study.
* Provide support and supervision primarily between 4pm and 7.30 am.
* Allocates rooms to students in accordance with students' requests and Housing policies, and assists in the development of a healthy, happy community.
* Helps students adjust to the hostel and university environment and provides attractive, informative programs.
* Organizes activities that meet the needs and wishes of students, as far as is reasonable.
* Provides support to students at all times, through checking their attendance each night.
* Checks buses and cars at the start and end of the weekend visits home.
* Works closely with the College(s) linked to their particular hostel to maximize educational support to students.
* Supervises the cleaning and maintenance activities in the hostel in co-ordination with the Maintenance Coordinators.
* Shares meals with students during duty hours to monitor quality, quantity and variety of food provided.
* Supports family contacts with their students.
* Prepares reports for the Hostel Manager, as required.
* Ensures student files are accurate and up-to-date.
* Work cooperatively to provide support for other hostels, particularly during vacations and weekends.
* Other duties as assigned by immediate supervisor.
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Excellent problem solving skills
* Administrative skills
* Experience in using FAX, email, Word and Excel
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Social Sciences, Psychology or Education
* 1-3 years of relevant experience
About the Company
Founded in 1976 by the late Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al Nahyan, UAEU is a comprehensive, research-intensive university enrolling about 14,000 Emirati and international students. As the UAE’s flagship university, UAEU offers a full range of accredited, high-quality graduate and undergraduate programs through nine Colleges: Business and Economics; Education; Engineering; Food and Agriculture; Humanities and Social Sciences; IT; Law; Medicine and Health Sciences; and Science. With a distinguished international faculty, state-of-the art new campus, and full range of student support services, UAEU offers a living-learning environment that is unmatched in the UAE.
As a research-intensive university of international stature, UAEU works with its partners in industry to provide research solutions to challenges faced by the nation, the region, and the world. The University has established research centers of strategic importance to the country and the region which are advancing knowledge in critical areas ranging from water resources to cancer treatments. UAEU is currently ranked the number one research university in the GCC, number two in the Arab World, and #370 globally.
UAEU’s academic programs have been developed in partnership with employers, so our graduates are in high demand. UAEU alumni hold key positions in industry, commerce, and government throughout the region. Our continuing investments in facilities, services, and staff ensure that UAEU will continue to serve as a model of innovation and excellence.
A Leading Company In UAE
Excelsior Group ME
Green Gulf Careers
Executive Assistant / Office Manager
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)