Resort Financial Controller
Dubai Parks and Resorts
Job description / Role
Join the team of the first LEGOLAND® Park in the Middle East and help us create amazing experiences for families from around the world. At LEGOLAND® Dubai we rely everyday on our Model Citizens (employees) in meeting our ultimate goal of bringing the LEGO® values of creativity, imagination, learning, quality and fun to life and deliver truly memorable experiences to our guests.
With over 40 interactive rides, live shows and attractions you will be able to find a diverse range of career opportunities in one of the most unique and stimulating work environments you could imagine.
Come and work where work is PLAY. At LEGOLAND® we make every child a HERO!
Play Your Part
Responsible for the delivery of accurate and timely financial information to DH, Merlin Entertainments, and the Resort with local management. Reports will include management accounts, revenue reconciliations, balance sheet control, budgeting, forecasting and coordinating the year end accounting process.
This role will be responsible for the production and analysis of a wide variety of financial reports to aid in business decisions, with detailed commentary to both a financial and non- financial audience.
The job holder must ensure that the appropriate financial procedures and controls are in place and are followed within the Business Unit.
The job holder will be responsible for the overall management of the Cash Office operation, providing a comprehensive support service to the Resort and ensuring revenues and takings are accurately reconciled and that bankings are processed on a timely basis.
- Operations / Financial
- Management Accounts
- Coordinate the month end process, including publication of the month end timetable and control over ledger closing activities.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts by business unit.
- Delivery and review of detailed reconciliations for all balance sheet accounts, including month end balance sheet commentary.
- Variance analysis of financial performance and key business drivers.
- Working capital analysis, including monthly trends and future forecasting.
- Revenue reconciliation between financial ledgers and management accounts, along with detailed revenue analysis to enhance business knowledge.
- Monitoring the performance of individual unites and ensuring spend is kept in line with the budget.
- Analyse operational data, identify process inefficiencies and recommend process improvements which lead to tangible business benefits.
- Submissions of VAT return per business unit.
- Review and submission of weekly and monthly cash flows forecasts.
- Delivery of monthly Group reporting pack in accordance with Group Reporting Requirements (IFRS).
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Support the delivery of the coming year's budget files and data local entity level.
- Preparation and delivery of Group budget packs, including overall frame and phasing validation.
- Preparation of monthly business unite forecasts and full year projections.
Coordinate the delivery of the Year End process
- Support the delivery of the Year End timetable and responsibility lists.
- Co-ordinate Year End activities with Group colleagues and audit partners.
- Preparation of standalone Financial Statements per business unit
- Assisting and cooperating with internal and external audit throughout the year.
- Assures protection for LEGOLAND Dubai assets through internal controls, auditing and maintenance of proper insurance coverage.
Cash Office Management
- Oversee the Cash Office operations, including the Cash Office Manager and a Cash Office team.
- Ensure appropriate resources are in place to meet Resort cash handling requirements.
- Ensure revenues are accurately reconciled and discrepancies are reported to and followed up by Business Managers on timely basis.
- Ensure banking for all tender types are processed for settlement in line with agreed deadlines.
- Oversees professional staff positions of the finance and cash control departments including accounts payable, general accounting.
People and Development
- The job holder will have a key role in supporting the Resort with financial advice and information and ad hoc financial reports to help business decision making.
- This role will require regular review and development of Resort financial procedures, including maintaining existing policies and implementing new procedures for Resort initiatives
- Leading the Finance tea, inspiring them to live the Resort values and deliver excellence to the business
- Maintain ethical and professional standards both within the Finance team on all matters involving third parties.
Health & Safety
Managers/Supervisors are responsible for all aspects of Health, Safety & Security within their department, in line with the Group Policy (HS001). In particular, they must ensure that risk assessments have been carried out, that safe working procedure are in place for all work activities and that all employees under their management are aware of the Group Health, Safety and Security Policy and their obligations under it. They must ensure that safe working practices are monitored, and that risk assessments and procedures are reviewed regularly. Where incidents do occur, they must ensure that they are investigated appropriately and that where necessary, corrective action is taken to ensure that such incidents are no repeated.
Are You a Star?
In order to be qualified for this role you should possess the below criteria:
- Requires at least eight years of progressive experience in Accounting and Finance field.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
- Requires a track record of success in Accounting and Cash Management functions.
- Experience in coordinating and implementing financial plan for control of operations is required.
- Experience with corporate profit planning, revenue forecasts, expense budgets, capital investment, saving opportunities and exposures are required.
- Requires strong analytical and decision making skills.
- Demonstrated success in project management skills, including budgeting.
- Must possess strong management skills, including selecting, training, developing and coaching people.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills.
- Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office products is required.
- ACA, CPA, CIMA or ACCA qualified with 2 years post qualification experience.
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, business, or closely related field (or equivalent education and experience) is required.
Must be willing to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends to support Resort operations.
The Best Part of The Story
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package which includes; housing allowance, comprehensive medical coverage, life and accident insurance and other generous allowances.
We also care about your career development supported by Learning opportunities for those seeking a long-term future in the Company.
About the Company
Dubai Parks and Resorts offers new heights in experiential entertainment through an inspired concept that brings the best of the east and the west in the entertainment industry. Conceived and developed by Meraas Holding, Dubai Parks and Resorts articulates the Dubai leadership’s vision of positioning the emirate as a compelling global tourist destination.
The first phase of Dubai Parks and Resorts will comprise three theme parks: motiongate™ Dubai, Bollywood Parks™ Dubai, and LEGOLAND® Dubai. The development will also feature Riverland - a grand entrance plaza and Lapita, a family themed hotel. The first phase is scheduled for completion in 2016. Ground work commenced on site in February 2014