Job description / Role
Resort Manager - THE8 HOTEL
The Resort Manager is responsible to ensure a smooth opening development and progress of the hotel and manage overall standard and service implementation and improvement. He/She is responsible for ensuring an optimal operation and revenue generation of all services available at Th8. The position is hands-on, in charge of the hotel operations in absence of the Cluster General Manager and requires strong leadership, creativity and perseverance.
The Resort Manager reports directly to the Cluster General Manager. The ideal candidate knows the marketplace and will be developing partnerships, brand promotions and acts as an ambassador to our modern and lifestyle product.
Th8 Dubai is a pre-opening 5* hotel, located at the Palm Jumeirah Island, inspired by the fashion, glamour and jet-set lifestyle of the cool white sands and art deco scene of Miami Beach. The hotel boasts of its direct beach access with uninterrupted views of the Palm, Dubai's iconic skyline and the Arabian Sea that will provide an ultimate luxury experience at the Palm Jumeirah. The project has a total of 162 guest rooms and suites and 3 food beverage outlets with creative & unique concepts. In addition the hotel also features meeting facilities covering over 200 square meters that can host a range of events from small corporate meetings, product launches and team building activities to outdoor receptions and bespoke social events beach and poolside.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- To coordinate with the heads of Rooms Division, as well as F&B departments to ensure adequate coordination and operations implementation
- Implement departmental strategies and action plans in accordance with the resort's strategic and sales plans
- To plan yearly revenue targets
- To project business opportunities to increase revenue
- To participate in preparation of the hotel strategic plan, marketing plan and goals program
- To regularly update the Cluster General Manager on all operations achievements and key issues
- Communication - Ensure all staff is aware of the goals and objectives
- To conduct daily briefings to ensure that all departments receive updated information
- To conduct weekly briefings to improve all aspects of the resort
- To challenge and influence the resort to improve service level and operational standards
- To oversee competitive benchmark studies and follow market trends
- To analyze overall monthly hotel performance and provide summary report with recommendations to improve long term strategies
- To conduct quarterly property performance review and develop strategic and tactical action
- To inspire the Resort's HODs to further embed a revenue management culture
- To delegate and control the departmental expense budget throughout the year
- To derive the required operational cost for the Rooms as well as F&B Departments together with the responsible HODs in their respective fields
- To oversee budget preparation for the year
- To ensures all operational Departments implement the Cluster SOPs in their respective areas
- To be fully involved operationally with high visibility in the day to day business of the hotel
- To set effective systems and controls to ensure the consistent smooth running of departments
- To actively participate in the development of all key managerial positions and manage effectively labor turnover, recruitment & employee development within budgeted parameters
- To create, maintain and encourage excellent public and employee relations
- High School hospitality diploma and/or university degree
- Strong F&B Experience is required
- Has performed the role of EAM or GM in a luxury hotel for at least one year in Dubai
- Proven track-record in establishing budgets, reaching revenue objectives and controlling costs to optimize GOP performance
- Has led a minimum of 50 team members over an extended period
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Customer service oriented
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize and oversee multiple projects
- Ability to be flexible, resourceful, service-oriented, and self-motivated
- Ability to take quick action to resolve emergency field maintenance requests
- Must be able to diagnose problem quickly and accurately, recommend, and effect required solutions
- Excellent supervisory, analytical, and interpersonal skills, tact, and diplomacy are required
- Ability to forecast needs for resources, and to plan and assess problems and develop realistic solutions
- Ability to negotiate effectively
Please note that you must be eligible to live and work in Dubai.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.