Job description / Role
Our client, a large medical facility, is urgently looking for a Respiratory Technician to be based in Abu Dhabi. For this role, you will have the responsibility to independently, or under the supervision of senior therapists, carry out all respiratory therapy interventions, taking into consideration the patient's best interest.
Other responsibilities will include:
• Performing respiratory care procedures as per established policy and procedures, i.e. if required under the direction of a Senior Respiratory Therapist, doctor or nurse.
• Assume responsibility for operating autonomously, utilizing critical thinking and problem solving skills
• Monitor patient responses and modify therapy based on clinical/physiologic assessments and in consultation with physicians
• Read and evaluate physicians' orders. Apply mechanical ventilator support of patients and monitors patient's response
• Modify ventilator management to meet patient needs, based on clinical assessment, physiologic monitoring, and laboratory data and in consultation with the physician
• Participates in the development and modification of respiratory care plans and therapeutic goals for patients with cardiopulmonary diseases
• Assist the physician and Code Team in cardiac / respiratory arrest situations as request
• Provide advanced emergency airway care according to approved protocol
• Assist with pulmonary diagnostic procedures as required
• Provides user-maintenance and troubleshooting of Respiratory Care equipment
• Assess and order appropriate materials/equipment as per established guidelines.
• Highlight any maintenance requirements or breakdowns to senior staff and is responsible for ensuring the repair of defected equipment
• Ensure that written and electronic records and activity data are maintained in accordance with established guidelines
To be considered for the role, you need to meet the following:
• Must have at least 3 years of clinical practice in a rehab or tertiary facility
• Must have a valid BLS and ACLS certificate, preferably with PALS certificate
• Must have passed HAAD licensing exam or have a valid HAAD license
• Willing to be based in Abu Dhabi
Candidates based outside UAE are welcome to apply.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.