Job description / Role
4 Nos. Respiratory Therapist Opportunity with International Hospital in Sharjah, UAE
• Monitoring patient physiological responses to therapy such as arterial blood gases, vital signs or blood chemistry, and lung function changes, and consulting with physicians if there are adverse reactions.
• Working as part of a team of health care professionals to manage patient care by assisting with medical procedures.
• Setting up and operating devices including therapeutic gas administration apparatus, mechanical ventilators, environmental control systems, and aerosol generators.
• Following specified parameters of treatment.
• Providing emergency care, such as external cardiac massage, artificial respiration, or assistance with cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
• Inspecting, testing, cleaning, and maintaining respiratory therapy equipment to ensure it is functioning safely and efficiently.
• Maintaining charts that contain patient identification and therapy information.
• Measuring arterial blood gases, reading prescriptions, lung capacity, and reviewing other information to assess patient condition.
• Relaying blood analysis results to a physician.
• Making emergency visits to resolve equipment problems when necessary.
• Ordering equipment repairs when necessary.
• Explaining health care treatment procedures to patients to gain cooperation.
• Checking pulmonary function in patients.
AED 10,000 to 12,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Completion of an accredited respiratory therapy program or technical college course for respiratory therapy.
• Registration or certification by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC).
• Current RCP license in the state of practice.
• Current RN or LPN license in the state of practice.
• Respiratory care, emergency care, and intensive care experience.
• Must possess a valid and current driver license and auto insurance.
• Strong knowledge of pulmonary function and pulmonary rehabilitation.
• Experience with respiratory equipment.
About the Company
For over 15 years Omni International Consultants has supplied high caliber personnel to the global Construction, Aviation, Banking, Logistics, IT, Hospitality, Healthcare, Oil/Gas & Manufacturing sectors.
We specialize in recruiting the highest quality, right-fit professional and have helped many candidates find their ideal opportunity.
Our Head Office is located in Bangkok, Thailand and we have 6 liaison offices located in the UK, Australia, UAE, India (Mumbai & Delhi) and Rayong, Thailand.