Job description / Role
We operate more than 25 food brands across MENA and this is set to grow. Leading the culinary excellence are our Executive Chefs.
In addition to your skills as an accomplished chef, you will bring a commercial and management ability that makes you stand out as a leader in your field. This opportunity will see you lead a multicultural team within a large and fast-paced kitchen in the delivery of a high-quality dining experience. With our Food Division growing year-on-year a role with us offers career development on an international scale as well as exposure to well-known brand names in addition to our own brand concepts.
Responsible for entire kitchen operations.
Key Performance Area:
- Ensure that all orders from the kitchen/commissaries are prepared consistently and according to standard recipes.
- Supervise and ensure that all sections are ready for service on time.
- Organise and set up the kitchen/commissary as efficiently as possible to increase speed and maximize productivity.
- Ensure that all culinary standards in all sections comply with company policies and procedures. Maintain high levels of cleanliness at all times in the kitchen/commissary.
- Monitor daily work assigned to staff ensuring guidelines is followed. In case of deviations, corrective measures are to be taken immediately.
- Check daily all storage areas and keep the orders to par or according to the volume of business.
- Check whether the quantities prepared are according to recipes and specifications. Control food and operating costs by reducing wastage.
- Ensure that the food cost and other controllable are on a budget.
- Create new and different new recipes.
- Ensure that all employees report for duty punctually wearing the correct uniform at all times.
- Coach and maximize employee morale and productivity.
- Train the culinary employees in all sections of the kitchen/commissary, in the skills necessary for them to perform their functions to the highest possible standards.
- Supervise the Employees within the department, ensuring that the correct standards and methods of service are maintained as stated in Departmental Operations Manual
- Ensure that all employees have a complete understanding of and adhere to the Company's policy relating to fire, hygiene, health, and safety.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) in Hotel Management or equivalent qualification
- More than 5 years of experience as Executive Chef/Senior Sous Chef/Head Chef/Culinary Chef in Fine dinging/Casual dining.
- Good strong knowledge of basic food safety
- Good leadership skills.
- Strong Communication skills.
- Good knowledge about food cost/inventory.
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.