Job description / Role
You are the beginning of an exceptional guest experience. As a Host, you will make our guests Feel Welcome from the moment they arrive!
About the Hotel
Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach is a luxury five-star hotel located in Jumeirah Beach Residence and opens directly onto Dubai's most popular recreation promenade The Walk as well as the new beachfront low-rise leisure and retail destination The Beach. Luxury stays and culinary excellence are the hotel's cornerstones. All 444 rooms and suites overlook the azure waters of the Arabian Gulf and Ain Dubai. Guests can indulge in exquisite international flavours at the Infini Pool Lounge and Café Concierge our all day dining restaurant Club Millésime.
What is in it for you:
- Employee benefit card offering discounted rates in Accor worldwide
- Learning programs through our Academies
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Maintain complete knowledge of the dining room layout, table/seat/section numbers, proper table setups, restaurant capacity, hours of operation, price range, dress code, restaurant reservation procedures, daily house count, arrivals, departures, VIP's, scheduled in-house group activities, locations and times.
- Answer telephone within three (3) rings, using correct salutations and telephone etiquette.
- Take record and confirm restaurant reservations / cancellations in accordance with departmental standards.
- Communicate reservation /cancellation changes to management as they arise throughout the shift.
- Monitor the preparation of own assignments, ensuring compliance to departmental standards.
- Ensure that all menu's, check folders are cleaned and in sufficient quantity.
- Ensure that the hostess stand is cleaned and organized.
- Review the Reservation book, pre-assign designated tables and follow up on all special requests.
- Greet the guests at the entrance of the restaurant.
- Seat guest according to the floor plan.
- Present the open menu to the guest.
- Anticipate heavy business times and organize procedures accordingly to handle waiting ques.
- Anticipate guests needs, respond to them promptly and acknowledge guest, however busy and whatever time of the shift.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with hotel services / activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following instant pacification procedures and insuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor guests' reactions and confer frequently with management to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and participate to ensure that all tables are cleared and reset according to the department procedures.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness and working conditions of own section equipment and supplies.
- Do table visits systematically at each meal period to ensure guest satisfaction.
- To assist the Supervisor to ensure proper cashiering procedures, menu printing, and any other job that's required.
- Participate in regular meetings and briefings as scheduled.
- Understand and abide by all safety rules, emergency procedures and fire prevention regulations.
- Participate in any scheduled training and development programs that may improve personal or departmental standards.
- Report to duty punctually wearing the correct uniform and nametag.
- Maintain a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
- Carry out other duties as assigned.
Your experience and skills include:
- Have a minimum of one (1) year experience as an F&B Hostess.
- Have knowledge of restaurant operation procedures.
- Have the ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Have the ability to communicate effectively with the team and deliver consistently.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor's limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow's hospitality.
About the Company
A caring employer providing respect, training and career development for our employees. An attractive employer offering more than 100 professions across the 5 continents.
We are much more than a world leader. We are 250,000 hoteliers with the same shared passion for welcoming. We take care of millions of guests in our 4,300 addresses and on our digital platforms. As an operator and franchisor (HotelServices), owner and investor (HotelInvest), we invest all our energy into making "Feel Welcome" resonate as the finest hotel promise.
From luxury to economy and in every corner of the globe, AccorHotels' more than 20 brands meet all the needs of business and leisure travelers seeking comfort, attention and high-quality services.